Friday, July 29, 2011

Im really bad at saying goodbye, so lets just pretend we're playing hide and seek.


AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS HAPPENING!!!!

Saying goodbye it’s never an easy task for anyone, and even though this is not a real goodbye since I’ll only be gone for 15 months, it sure felt like one.  Yesterday was officially my last day home and of course the entire family was there all day long just drinking coffee, cooking and just enjoying a day together showing all of their love and support.  Tears were also part of this last days, but not from me. Somehow I had managed to not fully register the full impact of this trip and even though the excitement and emotions were there, I was treating these last days like any other.  My little cousin Vanessa who is 6 years old was away in Miami for vacation and almost didn’t even get to say goodbye to me. She knew I was leaving and she was completely fine with the idea or so I thought.  At the end of the day, she says with her biggest smile and excitement “Pipito (me) tomorrow I want to go to the pool with you!!!” my sister knowing that I won’t be there, replies “ Vane he’s gone tomorrow.” In literally 1 second Vanessa started crying hysterically and jumped on me to hug me, needless to say my tears were now pouring down my face.  My sister looks at us recording us crying and says “Pipito Im very very sad inside, but outside I’m really happy, that’s why I’m not crying.”



I didn’t understand why Vane was fine one moment and the other this idea of me leaving was something unbearable. This morning I knew the feeling. After pulling an all nighters with my Goddess Liz it was time to wake everyone else up at 5:30 am to head over JFK.  Going to the airport was Laila, Lizzie, Papi, Mami, Grandma, and of course my princess Karla. In the car ride I was completely fine until my dad put the car on parking outside the airport. This ball of emotion that was stuck somewhere in my body exploded the second I gave my dad a hug. From there on you can probably imagine how intense this picture got.  It was scary to give the last goodbye and walk into this airport by myself not knowing what awaits me.  There was a huge sense of solitude and yet so much room empty for new memories. My head kept turning back and tears kept coming at random times which made my eyes super red and made security very suspicious lol.

NOW I’m currently flying over Italy, we have being on the air for about 9-10 hours of quick naps, lots of conversation, and of course HUMMUS yay!!! The energy in the cast is already perfection, everyone taking a big breath after seeing how amazing and friendly everyone is. You could tell this morning that everyone had just said goodbye to someone very special in their life but little by little we were feeling the warm and satisfying comfort we were giving each other without knowing each other’s names yet.

Bullet points!!!

  • -       Should we sleep when we get there at 3am or go to the beach see the sunrise
  • -       There’s apparently more than one house where we’re staying.
  • -       Watching movies in the plane in Hebrew just to pretend I understand
  •      We still have to meet 10 Israelis that will join the cast!!!

5 comments:

  1. HELLO MY LOVE I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU I READ THE MESSAGE OF THE BLOG TO YOUR PAPI we ARE VERY HAPPY BY YOU I ADMIRE HOW YOU MAKE TIME TO SHARE WITH ALL YOUR FOLLOWERS OMG YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL MY LOVE HERE ALL they are TAKING CARE OF ME A LOT IN YOUR ABSENCE YOUR FRIENDS LAILA LIZ FOOL ALL IN FACEBOOK THEY ARE MARABILLOSOS FRANKLIN TOO CAME YESTERDAY AND NOW HE CALL ME TO PASS BY HERE TO SEE ME BECAUSE HE HEARD THAT I WAS SAD BUT ALREADY TODAY UPON KNOWING ABOUT YOU I AM A LOT BETTER I LOVE YOU REMEMBER IT ALWAYS TAKE CARE CORAZON OF MY SOUL THOUSANDS OF KISSES MY TREASURE OF MOMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey carli, its franklin, it seems everything is fine, I'm here with your mom to comfort her, but she seems fine already lol, keep up the good work with the posting, we are all here hanging on to every word, its pretty cool to hear about your adventures, and don't forget, if you can, to post pics too, love kanki

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh i love this blog of yours! i think the gonzalezstory has got some great potential. your a great writer ito!.. i feel like i am getting the full experience through your recordings.. and i know its only going to get better as the journey continues. we gotta get on a schedule so i can hear your voice again skyping. lol... im so happy you are connecting with such a wonderful and warm new family! your family here is routing you on!
    love always tonti

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have the most amazing time! It's sad to say goodbye, but the people who love you will still love you just as much from far away. You're about to have some incredible opportunities to grow and learn and perform, so don't let the homesickness get you down too much! This is your moment Carlos, don't be afraid to take it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. carlos amazing writing broke down in tears when read this. in a near future this could well be a book an inspirational book for dreamers and believers that out there the world is a better world and you can make it your own like you do now. you own your life your dreams and all of us that follow your passion.

    ReplyDelete