Saturday, August 6, 2011

Famous people can't do this...




Just so you know this blog has being the hardest one to write yet.  Whenever I get an overwhelming feeling of happiness I have the impulse to write a blog about it just so I can remember it years from now and try to relive it. The problem is that those feelings are constant in this magical city so its impossible to keep up. Those moments of happiness come unexpectedly triggered by the simplest things, like my morning yesterday at the market. There's this market a block away from our house that is the best reminder to myself that I'm in Israel. It's this very narrow and long market where they sell everything you need and where bargaining is welcome even though it hasn't worked so good for me, so I need to get better for China. Yesterday I went there for my daily pita sandwich with chicken, vegetables and of course HUMMUS from this tiny place where the guy screams every 2 seconds DELICIOUS!! DELICIOUS!!  so I had to try it to see if it was worth it for this man to take such pride in his pita sandwiches when there's a hundred places just like this one. He did not disappointed me it was indeed DELICIOUS but what made this place even better was this little corner chair where I sat to have my D________S sandwich. It was literally on the way of people's path but I loved it because I could say "I'm Sorry" in hebrew since its one of the words I know. In all honesty maybe its because I've been just living the moment and so much has happened in 1 week but sitting there I really had time to take that moment in, and register everything that is happening and how fortunate I am. People around me probably thought I was crazy because there I am sitting alone in a corner, smiling by myself and closing my eyes so I could hear all the hebrew around me as this single sun ray is hitting my face. I felt so invisible and completely filled with happiness. One of the random thoughts was the fact that famous people can never do what I was doing at that moment,  and that tickled me lol.



I took some pictures and a small video to share it for you guys, but I really want to wake up at 4am one morning and document what a whole day is for these people that work at the market because It truly is their life. They bring their children to work and they work just as hard. Everything is always set up perfectly and you can't help but wonder what they do when they close at night. So I went around the time that they close, also because I hear is the best time to bargain since they have to get rid of things like vegetables, fish etc.. around 7pm this market transformed into something not as pretty as you see in the pictures and video. Everything is thrown to the middle, so you have to be careful to not step on the fish and garbage they throw away. The smell is disgusting and there are puddles of water everywhere. This might not sound like the best time to be there but it sure is a good time for the cats of TLV. Oh yeah I haven't told you, there are hundreds of cats everywhere on the streets of TLV. They are not normal cats either they look like they have some leopard blood in them, no kidding.  I promise to take pictures of all the exotic looking cats to prove it.  Well I have a lot of other more exciting events to write about like my first rehearsal, our rooftop party, and last but not least my new best friend my BICYCLE!!!

Thank you guys for reading, It really inspires me to write more and take you on this trip with me. If you are curious about anything let me know and I will document the shit out of it, video and all.

I LOVE YOU

3 comments:

  1. well then document the shit out of everything no exceptions take us in this ride with you una aventura para todos los q te seguimos, i told you specially i want to hear you sing. i love pita bread, try to get me that recipe i will make some for your mami in ny when i visit her so we can both feel like we are close to you. ohh and also photos please of you and your best friend a ride by the beach sunset time would make a hell of a photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing Carlos. I'm so glad that you've had moments where you can just sit back and take everything in and appreciate the unique experiences you're having. It's so important to live in those moments and carry them with you wherever you go. I can't wait to see your videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was once in Haifa and I was very happy like you describe, I also visited Bethlehem. Nothing more wonderful than just watch, listen, smell, smile, overwhelm all your senses.
    Today I went to do so to Brighton Beach...not exactly the same, but fun too!!
    Take care!
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete