Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The 1 Month Mark!!!!


So yes, I must apologize to myself and the 3-4 readers that keep up with this blog for not writing in a little while. The truth is I have reached the point that I don't feel like I'm in another country, I feel at HOME. It has being only a month that I've been away from home and somehow it feels like I've been living here my whole life. I have found tricks to not get home sick and so far so good, except for the morning when I found videos my 8 year old sister Karla had made for me and hid them in my computer. I will try to post some of them so you can understand why tears were dropping down my face the second I heard her voice. That day I got to talk to her on skype and felt so much better. I really don't know what I will do in China if the communication is not this good. Here I talk to my family everyday and it feels like I haven't left. I'm going to divide this blog in a few categories and so I can check 1 year from now how things were going a month after being away, so let's try this.

REHEARSAL
With rehearsal everything is going great. Every morning we start the day with a very intense warm up and work out by our amazing choreographer.  No matter how hard it is I find myself laying in the floor on a pool of sweat feeling grateful to be a part of this. I already feel stronger physically and mentally and there's still 14 months left wow!! We have officially finished every dance number and learned all the music. Today we took out first fencing class to get ready to fight Zorro.  Next week we start working with the director on the scenes.  The movement is very fast and challenging because it hits every beat and requires a lot of stamina to sing while doing the fast foot work.  I am one of the gypsies so it is a BLAST to dance with all the passion and flavor that its required.  The music is The Gypsy Kings so its impossible to not feel the rhythm inside of you.  LOVING IT!!!

First Day of Rehearsal

FOOD
This is very weird for me because I literally eat in restaurants for every single meal, and I've lived my entire life accustomed to home cooked meals, but I'm not complaining. I do have the regular restaurants where I know exactly what to order and made friends with the staff. But every now and then I take my bike for a ride until a cute or mysterious restaurant catches my eye and invites me in. Food is not super cheap but is not crazy expensive, plus like I said I got my special places.  Hummus is officially in my life menu from now on. I did get tired of pita and humus so now I switch it up by doing crackers with hummus (Im eating them as I write lol) or salad with hummus or bread with hummus or just HUMMUS.


DAYLIFE
I will admit that I have fallen a little bit into a routine, and Im usually against routines except for the fact that this one includes the beach every single day. I wake up, ride my bike to rehearsal, dance my ass off, come back home change into my bathing suit and bike to the beach to see the sunset, finishing the day with a beautiful dinner somewhere unknown, then going out at night for some social life. Life is GOOD!!! To be honest I never felt more at home, aside from Cuba of course. Im not talking about family and roots etc... but a feeling of freedom that I only remember having in Cuba as a child. Maybe is my bike and riding it in small streets without really knowing where Im going, or not having a cellphone but there is a sense of freedom in the air and the people around, that feels like home to me.
Daily Adventures!!!


NIGHTLIFE


I think I have being given the role of The Party Boy of the House along with my 'hermanito" Mario who is my roommate and who I Love. As the latin boys of the house we find the energy to go out almost every night, even if its for a little. We just ride our bike to the bars or clubs and just go in,  searching for a new fun memory every night. We have rehearsals every morning at 10 am except for our days off which are Friday and Saturday, but this doesn't stop us. Now let's be clear the nightlife It's not or will ever affect our performance at rehearsal. We are the ones to always be jumping around early in the morning and doing everything FULL OUT every single time, just to be clear hahaha. We of course are going out tonight right after I finish writing this blog :-)

    
Night Adventures!!!


Im going to finish this BLOG by saying that my MAMI is coming to visit me in Tel Aviv Sept 9th!!!! Her Birthday is Sept 15 so It is my goal to make this her best birthday EVER!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Loving this! Makes me think of Bermuda, actually. When you get back I'm so down for bike rides!!! Oh, btw, did you finish Eat Pray Love?
    xoxo
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete